Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Big Apple

Last Christmas, Derek gave me a plane ticket to New York City for mid-May. The trip was to be two fold, one for Kebra's (Derek's sister) graduation from Yale and two to see Manhattan, which neither Derek or I had been to before. Finally after months of waiting, it was time for the big trip to the big apple! Here are a few pictures of our time back east. 

The pre-planning process. If you know me, you can understand how much fun I had putting this together. 

We have arrived! 

Excited that we made it! Out and about. 

While getting lost in Greenwich Village, we stubbled upon a "Cheese Bar". Set up just like a sushi bar, with a specific person cutting the cheese (no pun intended).

 Strolled down Wall Street

Empire State Building 

Zero visibility at the top of the Empire State Building, due to the rainy spring day, but that didn't stop us. We hung out in a cloud!

More Empire State Building, beautiful. 

Walked down the High Line for a bit, very cool.

 More High Line, over looking the Meat Packing District

 9/11 Memorial, a very moving experience.  

Concrete Jungle

America

 Grand Central Station. Gorgeous. 

 Blocks and blocks of skyscrapers.

Derek loves 4 hour graduations.

Stoops.

This happened.

The Bull on Wall Street.


Rockefeller Center.

 NBC Studios.

 Radio City.

Hot Dog on the streets on NYC.




Congrats Class of 2013! Way to go Kebra!

Balls of Steel.



Manhattan Bridge.

Gelato... Yummy! And seductive. 

Home sweet home.

3 comments:

  1. Erin-
    I am so glad you got to visit my hometown. Every so often, I get homesick for the hustle and bustle of NYC. Isn't it an amazing place?
    I graduated from Hunter College located on Park Avenue and 68th Street on the upper East side in 1972. I received my nursing education at Bellevue Hospital on 26th Street and First Avenue at about the same time. Those hotdog vendors that you photographed were a regular lunch time staple on the way to classes. I grew up in the borough of Queens just across the river from Manhattan. I have been out of NYC for a longer time than I ever lived there but the memories are still very strong and very deep. I look forward to seeing you and Derek in Blackfoot someday so we can share stories.
    Love ya!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Erin! Glad to see you are back. Excited to follow your adventures.

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete