Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break 09 - Day 1

Seeking a very cliche last spring, my good friend Marcy and I decided to take a trip to Panama City Beach, Florida. Pre-SB, I spent my days counting the hours till I was on a beach and googling tips, fun clubs, and photos of other spring breakers. The day finally came. Marcy and I drove down to my hometown of Blackfoot, Idaho and my mother generously drove us to the airport in Salt Lake City, Utah. We caught the plane to Denver which was experiencing a huge blizzard. This was real stressful, so our first plan of action once we landed was to get a drink on the layover, even if it was a $10 bloody mary. To much disappointment, every single shop was closed, except McDonalds. No such thing as a McTini. We settled for $7 happy meals. Caught our flight to Atlanta, Georgia. Small layover there; very very early in the morning. We were so tired and excited at the same time that it made everything funny. I mean everything. Boarded our last flight to Panama City, or so we thought. Apparently there was a huge storm hovering just above our designation. We had to go land in Valdosta, GA for way longer than we wanted to. Bored, tired, and really ready to just be there our patience grew thin as the pilot said the storm had cleared and we could reboard the plane. The next plane ride was so rough. Marcy and I both got sick. Our little plane was getting shaken like a maraca. We miraculously made it! WE ARRIVED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment