Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Today, I attended Easter Sunday Mass at Saint James Cathedral here in Seattle. It was my first time attending this monumental Catholic holiday in a Cathedral. It was like the Super Bowl of Masses.

Here are a few differences between the beloved church I grew up with in beautiful Blackfoot, Idaho, Saint Bernard's.

St. Bs - you know everyone by there by first and last name
St. Js - don't know anyone

St. Bs - Rarely see the church full
St. Js - have to get there early to get a seat

St. B's - 2 alter serves
St. J's - an army of alter serves

St. B's - choir consists of a lady named Donna
St. J's - Angel sent, 20 deep, choir ranging from alto to soprano

St. B's - whole property could fit inside St. J's

Here are some beautiful pictures of the Cathedral




Though the service was absolutely breath taking, I missed my family today while I attended church by myself. Hope you all spent the day with your families and loved ones.

Happy Easter to all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is a beautiful church! I hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to attend Easter Mass at the Cathedral when I lived in Seattle. It's a beautiful place--glad someone from Blackfoot is there to keep up the tradition! :)

    ReplyDelete