Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Off to the Races

Sunday I went to my first ever horse races. We traveled south to the beautiful Emeral Downs Horse Racing tracks, which I learned is the only racing track in Washington, to watch (and maybe bet on) the strong steeds.

At first it was like a different planet with a weird foreign language, trifecta box, purses, and jockeys. However, I am a quick learner and within no time got the jist of it.

I decided it was time to man up and place some bets. I am not a huge risk taker, so my bets consisted of a whopping $2 (which is the minimum you have to bet). I was using my newly obtained strategy when placing my bets, but after a while I started betting on which horse had a shinny coat or great color scheme. All and all I probably broke even on the day's gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment