Monday, May 10, 2010

Uber Updates

Ahhh... how does life go so fast? I apologize for my hiatus from my blog, but never you worry. Here is an update on the events of this crazy busy life I lead.

Work has brought me some fun/interesting events. Our event list has been picking up more and more as we approach "event season" a.k.a. summer time.

March included the following events: Blue Collar Comedy Tour, WWE Smackdown, lots of Sounders games, Zac Brown Band, George Strait/Reba/Leann Womack Concert, and John Mayer

April flew by like a whirlwind. Events worked in this spring month include: more Sounders games, LMAFO/Ludicrous/Black Eyed Peas concert, DJ Tiesto, and AMA Supercross.

And now, already a week into May, I have worked some pretty cool events: Nickelback, Sounders again, and Lifehouse/Daughtry concert.

I also celebrated my 23rd birthday recently. Gosh, 23 just seems old. A quarter of my life has been lived. To celebrate my this special day, I went to dinner with a few good girl friends at this delicious Italian restaurant that had a live band. I was not ashamed to "play the birthday card" when I asked if they did anything for birthdays. The way the server answered makes me think that they don't normally do anything, but that he wanted to do SOMETHING. So he returned with a plate that had a smiley face made out of raspberry syrup and a candle for my birthday treat.


1,362 calories and one bottle of merlot later we made our way over to a Hawaiian tiki bar appropriately named Hula Hula for some Karaoke and fruity drinks with umbrellas in them. I of course could not say no to serenading the group with my powerful pipes. I sang "Shout", a real crowd pleaser.


On my cab ride home, I forgot to leave the driver a tip for his excellent service of getting me home safe and sound. Refusing to stiff the man but without any cash, I offered him one of my delicious birthday cupcakes. Slightly disgusted he declined and sent me on my way. Oh well, more for me. A day filled with cake, balloons, drinks, and friends is exactly how I wanted to spend my day of birth.


I have also traveled since my last blog. I made a trip over to beautiful Moscow, Idaho to visit my brother Nate. He invited me a year ago to attend his fraternity's spring camp out that they have named "Neanderthal". I accepted the invitation, loaded Cindy (my wheels) up, and hit the I-90 for some weekend camping fun. We found a sweet spot located deep in a canyon just south of Lewiston, Idaho.


We had camp fires, sing-a-longs (adult style), smores, dancing, pick-up baseball games, and plenty of laughs. I am glad I was able to get out of the concrete jungle and enjoy "roughing it" with my brother and his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment