Tuesday, November 23, 2010

M.O.H.

Awww, weddings. Who doesn't love weddings? I know I have been a fan of the event ever since I first saw my mother in her own wedding gown (picture shown in previous post). I have always been very passionate about all the details, logistics, and the execution of this sacred ceremony. And then I meet someone who was even more passionate than myself. That person is my best friend, Liz.

Ever since Liz and I were young girls making veils out of paper towel for our stuff animals, it obvious how important this day was going to be for us both and that it would be mandatory that we help each other with the other's wedding.

The chain of events that happen after this childhood decision are as follows:

Best friend meets boy, best friend and boy date, best friend and boy date for a long time, boy starts ring fund, best friend gets extremely excited about ring fund, best friend and boy take a trip to where they met, boy asks best friend a very big question, best friend says YES, wedding plans commence, I visit best friend, best friend's turn to ask a question, I excitedly accept invitation to be best friend's Maid of Honor, champagne bottles pop.

I have attended many weddings, been in a handful of ceremonies, and finally will be the Maid of Honor at the wedding I have been most excited for, second to my own. I am so thrilled to be involved, be given tasks, asked for advice, and mostly aid my best friend through this monumental event in her life.

Stay tuned for August 13, 2010.



2 comments:

  1. Of course you are here maid of honor... I don't think of Liz without Erin, or Erin without Liz! How fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this post. Brought a tear to my eye! I love you, MOH! I don't know what I'd do without you!

    ReplyDelete