Friday, November 19, 2010

Virgin America

I recently took a trip to visit my bestest best friend, Liz. I have begun to consider myself a frequent flyer with having taken over a hand full of plane trips during the 2010 year. Being a new condesure of traveling by air, I decided to try out Virgin Airlines. Ok, that is a lie. It was the cheapest flight to Los Angeles, but I was thrilled to book this flight and experience the unique trip.

And that it was, unique.

The check in station at the airport had somewhat of a retro hip coffee shop vibe to it, with indie music playing and friendly hipster attendant with black frame glasses asking if I need help with anything.

Once through the dreaded TSA inspection and at Gate A6, I found the red glamour of Virgin America to be warm and welcoming, but also had a status of elite value. They offered to check my carry on luggage for free, I in turn offered to be their best friend. The time came to board the big bird, or as it turned out to be, get into “the club”. The red velvet ropes and purple-blue track lights lead me to 8F where I rocked out (in my head) to the bumpin tunes that was playing on the overhead. I half way expected to be sitting next to Will.I.Am, but in turn shared the row with a 4 year, also named Aaron. Bet he still appreciates the Black Eyed Peas.

Each seat had a screen in the back of it with interactive activities you can participate in during the flight. I particularly loved the Google Maps, where I could watch the plane travel across Washington, Oregon, and down south through California. If not choosing to watch T.V, recent blockbusters, or even shop online, and instead watch a map for almost two hours is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.

A few other fun features I loved about this flight include, outlets below each seat to plus in devices, ordering drinks from the screen on your seat, the (surprisingly) entertaining safety video at the start, and the fact that I didn’t hate my life on this flight.

If I had it my way, I would fly Virgin American every time I travel. We would be inseparable. We would be like Sonnie and Cher, Erin and VA, as I would endearingly nickname my newest BFF. Unfortunately, with the exception of this trip, I have “wallet restrictions”. Some day, we will be able to fly off into the sunset together. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment