Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day 09

This year for Saint Patrick's Day, we decided to celebrate the holiday in Butte, Montana! Butte is infamously known for throwing one hell of a St. Patty's day party. I think that this is because there are a lot of Irish in Butte. Marcy and I made sweatshirts for the occasion. Her's read, "Shake Your Shamrocks" and mine said, "Who's Your Paddy?" On the back, she was hooligan #1 and I'm hooligan #2. We drank green beer, did irish gigs in the streets, meet up with other friends were in the same fine condition that we were, and made new friends with locals. There were lots of cops out. I'm glad we all were 21, because the second we got there, we got carded. The cops were fun though. They didn't rain on the the festivities of the night. I saw a man passed out at the bar in one of the local pubs. Marcy was really hungry and stole a bratwarst from a stand. We came home with beads, glitter, a little mud, and beer on us. Over all it was a fantastic time! I would recommend Butte on March 17th to anyone (no other day of the year though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment