Sunday, December 27, 2009

Black Friday

Black Friday. Why do they call it "black" Friday? Is it because it is still dark outside when the stores open? Is it because you black out and spend more money than you ever wanted/expected to? Or is it because it turns people's souls black as they compete to get the best deals?

After my first ever Black Friday experience, I think it is a combination of all three. I popped my black Friday cherry this year when I went out with cousin/roommate Heidi and her mother. Our first, and most important stop, was Target/Best Buy. I wasn’t really out shopping for anything particular so I was there as more of an assistant to the die-hards.

My given task was to get a 6’ prelite Christmas tree for a screaming deal of $25. After waiting in line for about 40 minutes, the workers of Target opened the doors. The doors opening to target was like opening Pandora’s box. Pure pandonem broke lose. People began pushing and crowding, so of course I joined in. I raced with my chart to the back and luckily snagged one of the said trees. Fewww. I didn’t let the team down. Not gonna lie, it was quite the rush. I can see why people get consumed it that initial thrill.

We continued to do some shopping at the mall, but the lines and all the people were kind of getting us anxious to get home and go back to bed. We had a few Zzzz's to catch up on. By 9 we had already put in some serious shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment