Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

To give thanks. I am thankful for my family. This year was the first that I did not get to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I unfortunately was unable to afford the time off and plane ticket home for T-giving. However, the holiday wasn’t all lost.

Roommate, Heidi, had her mother come to Seattle for Thanksgiving. I didn’t refuse because Marilana is not only a good time, but she is an amazing cook. So for a holiday that is mostly based on eating with good company, of course she was welcome.

We had a delicious meal of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, Giardelli rolls, asparagus, and of course pumpkin pie for desert. I always overdo it on Thanksgiving. Helping after helping, till I am so full it hurts. But I feel as though it is kind of exempt on Thanksgiving. Plus it will all get consumed eventually via leftovers for the next week!

After dinner we played Scategories, which was hilarious. Our family is a little competitive and when we get playing games, things get serious. Sometimes we even chant taunting cheers to our components.

As the turkey coma slowly set in, it was off to bed early for an exciting morning of shopping, Black Friday style. It was a good Thanksgiving. Pretty low key and calm. However, I did miss my family like crazy. Next year, I will work it out so I can be with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment