Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chelan

Chelan, Washington.

Population 3,995, known for it's unparalleled combination of breathtaking scenery, vineyards, wineries, orchards, golf, hiking trails, boating and fishing, and hometown of good friend, Jake from University of Montana.

Chelan is not too far from my new residence in Seattle. So when I got wind that Jake and oldest college friend, Eric were going to be in Chelan for the weekend. I had to make a small road trip to go see my friends.

I fell in love with Chelan. Located at the very end of Lake Chelan, the little town sits right in the heart of Washington wine country. The hills around the lake stretched with vineyards of grapes and apples. Jake’s family actually owns one of the largest apple orchards in Chelan.

Upon my arrival in Chelan, we went on a wine tour. Started on one side of the lake and made our way around the hillside. We went to about three different wineries. Smelling, twirling, and sipping, I learned a little about wine.

We than painted the town (apple) red. Small local bars with a few mirco brews lead to a series of bad kareokee tunes, and equally impressive dance moves. Special thanks to good friends, Eric and Jake, for showing me everything Chelan has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment