Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No More School

There is a buzz in the air that is alerting everyone that summer has come to an end and its time to go back to school. Oh wait, not me.

It is a bittersweet feeling to be completely done (for now) with school. For as long as I can remember, the end of August meant the end of freedom. For the last four years it meant, buying expensive books, figuring out which professors I had and who had all their notes from that class previously. It also meant everyone was back from their summer vacations, football season was starting (GO GRIZ!), and I would be seeing familiar faces again at GBB High (aka Gallagher Business Building).

This fall however doesn't not include lectures, but rather work schedules. It doesn't mean getting a coffee at the Biz Buzz, but instead fighting the crowd to get a drink at one of the 500 Starbucks in Seattle. There is no longer a legitimate excuse to get drunk before noon on a Saturday anymore (assuming a home Griz game was legit enough). No more papers, projects, or presentations, instead pay periods.

I won't miss late night test cramming and early morning paper writing. Nor will I miss 14 hour days on campus, bicycles that think they are cars, or the Mansfield Library study lounges.

I will miss the atmosphere on campus, my classmates, the football games, Iron Horse 2 for 1's, Rimini Court, Biz Buzz with Marcy, GBB, and of course all my friends I grew so close to over the last four years.

For those of you returning to school, for what seems like the umpteenth time, cherish it! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is kinda sad! But what an exciting part of your life your at now! You're young, single, living in seattle, & HOT! I'm sure there's lot to do with that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tear. can we go to montana on a road trip together when i come back from europe?please? miss you- coming to visit ASAP i get back from europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you the same, cherish this time of life you're in now as well. Before you know it, it too will be gone and you'll be missing it. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still get that feeling and I've been out of college for 7 years. I want to run out and buy school supplies just so I can buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete