Monday, August 3, 2009

Thus far...

An update on this last week in Seattle...

Its been unbearably hot here. Last week it reached record breaking temperatures. It was the hottest day in Seattle EVER on this last Wednesday. 
The apartment was a little miserable, with no air conditioning. I was kind of looking forward to the mild weather of Seattle, but I can't complain. Its only rained once for about 5 minutes. I powered through the heat and things seem to be cooling off (knock on wood).

This weekend was Seafair, a festival that is kinda a big deal in Seattle. They have the "Blue Angels" come out and do a show in the 
air, hydroplane races across Lake Washington, plenty of partying on the water, and much much more. I was working for most of the weekend. I did however get to see some of the blue angels when they came out to play. Heidi and I were laying out at the Madison Park Beach and saw a few of the boats. Everyone who had a boat, had it out this weekend! Kind of wish I could have been out there on the water, but I've got "big city girl" bills to pay
 now. Funemployment has come to an end. (Note -the sweet floating dock with diving boards. We both went off the highest one!)

Speaking of work, I worked a rather large gig this Saturday. It was the Kenny Chesney Concert. It was held at Qwest Field. It was AMAZING! The lineup was Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland, and finally Kenny! Soooo many people were 
there for the show. The best part is with my sweet work badge I was able to walk right up to the stage and glance at the man in a section where seats costed upwards of $300. The country music really made me miss my roots! I got to hear my two favorite KC songs, Young and Don't Happen Twice. Such good tunes, especially live.

Its back to the grind again this week. Loving my two jobs. More on these later, promise. Seattle sweetheart signing off!








2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how hot the little apartment must be--YIKES!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you're enjoying your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did you move to Seattle? thanks for coming to Ansley's shower, she is safely in Missouri, dialated to 3-4, 70% effaced and my ticket is not until a week from thursday. Merilee will be with her tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete