Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Working World

This last week I worked, a lot. I actually haven't had a day off in 17 days. But work is good. I am not complaining. A month ago I was broke and unemployed. Now, I'm still kinda broke, but very employed.

Job 1 - I am working for a company, titled Staff Pro Inc. They are an event staffing company. The Seattle branch's headquarters are in Qwest Field, although we work events at all the surrounding venues. I am helping the in office during the week getting the logistics of the event staff set up and organized. I am loving it! I also get to work the events, some pretty cool ones I might add. This last week was the Seattle Sounders vs Barcelona soccer game.
Here's a list of the events I've worked thus far...

Sounders vs. Chicago
Kenny Chesney Concert
Sounders vs. Barcelona
Depeche Mode Concert

Events I will be working in the near future...

More Sounders games
All the Seahawks games (including preseason home games starting next week)
AC/DC Concert
Pink
WSU vs Hawaii game (big enough to need it in Qwest Field)

Job 2 - I also got another job to help support myself and the expensive living in Seattle. I got a serving job at Fox Sports Grill in downtown Seattle. Its an "upscale causal sports bar". I've been enjoying work there as well. On busy nights I have made some good money via tips.

Two really busy nights so far...

Seagals Calendar Unveiling
UFC Fights (standing room only it was packed)

Overall, it feels good to be working. I do miss my job back at UM Foundation, but its good to experience new jobs. It helps you understand what you are good at, what you like and don't like, and also gives lets you meet people in the industry that can come in very handy in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're employed! I miss you exponentially and am wondering when the best time would be to come visit you in your new city.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lead quite the life Erin Miller! Sounds like you are having a good time and I'm jealous of the events you get to attend especially the NFL games lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depeche Mode!!! SWEET! Sounds like fun and, well, work. Live it up girl...

    ReplyDelete