Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If the dress fits...

I have very exciting news to report. My dear friend from college, Marcy White, is ENGAGED!! Yay! She is going to marry a very sweet man named Steve. If you know me at all I am obsessed with any and everything wedding. I have been planning my own wedding ever since I was 12. So of course I was thrilled to hear that one of my best friends was now tying the knot!

This weekend I drove over to Spokane, Washington to help my turtle dove find a wedding dress. This was such a fun experience. She had made several appointments at different bridal shops in Spokompton.

Our first stop was Marcella’s. This was by far our favorite shop. They were so helpful. We had a young, cute, knowledgeable bridal consultant helping us out. Marcy tried on many dresses and she looked stunning in all of them. It’s hard for that girl to look bad in anything. I had made score cards for us, the peanut gallery, to rate the dresses as she came out in them. At one point during appointment number 1, she was torn between two very different, but extremely beautiful dresses. We decided to keep looking at our other appointments but to remember those gems that we found at Marcella’s.

Appointment number two was at David’s Bridal. This experience was awful. It was so busy, we hardly got any help, they didn’t really seem to care about our business (and why would they, it’s like a warehouse in there), and all the dresses just seemed very cheap and really not that cute. Marcy didn’t even find a dress she wanted to try on there. We left unsatisfied with David.

Later that night, Marcy and I drove all around Spokane looking for a pub to have a cold drink and catch up. It had been almost 5 months since we last saw each other and I wanted her to spill all the juicy details about her soon to be hubby. After a few miles, some help from my trusty GPS, and a couple good tunes on the radio, we found a bar and called it good. Marcy answered some questions I had for her about her newest life changing decision, and I can say that I think she is totally ready to be married (not that I am an expert or anything). I am so happy for her and Steve. They seem to be so in love and good for each other. Marcy also asked me if I would be her Maid of Honor. I am so excited to be the MOH for her.

Day two of wedding dress shopping we went to appointment number three at Massuto’s. This was a smaller shop similar to Marcella’s. Marcy tried on a few more dresses, but none that really wowed her like her favorite at Marcella’s. She decided that this other dress at Marcella’s was the one she was to be wed in. So we drove a short distance across town back to that bridal shop.

Marcy tried the dress on one last time. She looked so beautiful, I cried a little. Like I mentioned earlier, I am a sucker for weddings. We also found bridesmaid dresses at the shop too. I brought champagne and sparkling cider, so we celebrated “finding the perfect dress” with a champagne toast! The trip to Spokane was a great success. Marcy left with a beautiful gown, all the bridesmaids had dresses, and I got to spend some much needed time with my close friend. Congratulations Marcy!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on MOH status! You'll get some great practice before you are mine!! And congrats to Marcy on getting engaged and finding a dress. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miller! Im so glad you were there to keep me cheery through all the stress! You are by far the best MOH material... but remember the rules...

    ReplyDelete