Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


For this year's memorial day weekend, I was originally planning on doing what I've been doing the entire week, job searching. Friday, job searched, Saturday, job searched. Sunday, went to church (caught you off guard there), job searched, then went to a late breakfast with my good friend Marcy (see many of my other posts mentioning her) to good ol' Perkins. Over some hot coffee and french toast we began to discuss how much we need a "get away." We decided to drive the 2 hour drive up to the Flathead Lake for all the festivities up there.

We invited our friend Rachel and Marcy brought Bridger, her beautiful golden retriever. We drove up in Cindy (which has been the chosen name, by my friends, for my new car. Cindy = Sport Mom, which apparently is the look I give off in a Volkswagon Passat Wagon).  Marcy's family is from Kalispell so we stayed with them. We went to dinner, ate delicious ribs, went on drive through the mountains, then got ready to go out for the evening.

We tried to go to a fun bar in Bigfork called "The Garde
n Bar" however, once we arrived we noticed everyone leaving. We asked what was going on? The man, that I assume to be the bouncer, said that they "found a syringe and other thing that cannot be mentioned" in the bar. Without any hesitation, we were out of there. Drove our dolled up selfs to Whitefish, MT and went to a bar there. Had lots of fun, good drinks, and a little bit of drama (a pretty typical night).

That next day we went to Hunger Horse (a very "Montana" named location) Reservoir for some jet ski action. It was a beautiful day and loved being out on the water! A pretty solid get away!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the need for a get away! Looks like lots of fun! I think you need to tell everyone to shut it about the passat.. i drive one myself & feel pretty awsome!! ha haha....

    ReplyDelete