Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Boat

They always say, travel while you’re young. I guess that’s what I’ve been doing. After returning home to good ol’ Blackfoot, my dad asked if I would join him and my brother, Nate, on a trip to California to buy a boat that they found on the internet (we should our previous boat to my aunt and uncle the week before). I agreed to some good bonding time with pops and bro. We left Thursday morning. I must say, one of the most boring drives is through Utah, after Salt Lake there isn’t much going on till southern Utah. I would be lying if I said I didn’t sleep almost the entire drive down.

We stopped and ate in Las Vegas. We went to Sin City’s “best seafood buffet” at The Rio. It really was delicious. I ate my money’s worth in crab legs (an all time favorite of mine). After stuffing ourselves silly, we cruised up and down the strip, checking out all the late night weirdos and bright lights. We decided to continue on our way, even though it was late. We had to meet Ruben, the boat seller, at 10 am in Canyon Lake, California at 10:00 am or else he was selling it to someone else. We drove into the night (and when I say we, I mean, Nate and Dad drove while I slept in the backseat).  We stopped at a gas station as slept for a few more hours before continuing to Canyon Lake, which after studying the map, it is right between San Diego and Los Angeles.


Once we got to the area where Ruben lives, we couldn’t follow is surprisingly confusing directions. We drove around the gated community for 45 minutes trying to find his house. He had to come meet us to direct us (clearly not our fault, but his bad directions). We fell in love with the boat at first sight. It’s a 1995 Ski Nautique white with purple and teal accents. Beautiful! We paid the man and got on the road home. Things were going pretty smooth (minus the horrendous traffic from L.A. to Vegas), until we got a flat tire on the boat trailer right in Vegas. We really showed some great teamwork and got the situation fixed ASAP. Then it was back to the I-15 and home. We are going to clean it up and take it out soon. The boat already has name that has stuck, “Naughty Rico”. Naughty because Nautique shortened apparently sounds like naughty. And Rico, because dad kept messing Ruben’s name up and called him Rico. Therefore, Naughty Rico was born. More to come on the newest member of the Miller family.


3 comments:

  1. wow. i wanna boat now... urs looks sweet. now just bring it to maine and we will be all set for summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet boat! Your family should bring it to Bear Lake!!! It's gorgeous here. But we stayed at South Point its bout 10 minutes south of the strip and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally lovin' it! Will you invite us??? he he he :)The sets are going to be great behind that thing!

    ReplyDelete