Monday, June 15, 2009

Seattle Trip 2

After my trip to the promise land, Blackfoot, ID, I returned to Missoula. But just for a few short days, then it was back to Seattle. This trip's purpose was to find/land a second job and find a place to live. My cousin Heidi let me crash on her couch again. Got in Wednesday night, and made a plan of attack. Thursday was job hunting day. Went pretty well, I made a few leads. Friday was apartment hunting day. Saw lots of "shit holes" as that is what my budget range can afford. Till I found this beautiful studio apartment right in the heart of Seattle, Pioneer Square. So fantastic. Great view, new carpet, fresh paint, kind of small (but oh well), and the best part AFFORDABLE! Now, before you all get as excited as I was, there was a catch. This building didn't offer any sort of parking accommodations. Shoot. To park my car on the streets meant that I would have to pay to meter every day (expensive) and to get use the parking garage near by would be an additional $200 a month. I need/want my car with me in Seattle, therefore making this apartment unaffordable. Sad. Overall the trip wasn't a total lose. I made some good contacts and a better understanding of "apartment hunting"

Life is coming down to the wire. Big decisions will be made in the next two days. Stay tuned for what way my exciting life will go.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVe Seattle! We have been twice since we've been married & every time we go Justin says how he would LOVe to live there. I love to visit the city, but I like to live in the country! I can so see you living in Seattle & meshing right in... I mean come on, there is some of the BEST shopping there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh sooooo exciting. i cant wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything works out for you. It's crazy how expensive the "city" is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the idea of St. Louis???? I hope that everything works out for you soon! So...do you have a job in Seattle? Are you still living in Missoula...call me if you make it home to Blackfoot again before the end of July when I leave...or come visit me in St. LouiE. I love reading your blog...keep me posted. Love you, and miss you!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin you sound so happy! I can't find any news about the FIRST job you got in Seattle...fill me in!

    ReplyDelete