Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July

Still “living” in Blackfoot, ID, I was able to spend the Fourth of July Holiday with my family. This was the first time since 2006! Family reunion plans were made way in advance for this holiday weekend. My mother’s side of the family (Bischoff) were going to get together in Elko, Nevada. Friday morning we loaded up in the family car and headed south!

We stopped at the Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls for a touristy visit. The Snake River is the fullest it’s ever been and the waterfalls were incredible.

We arrived in hot Elko and were greeted by family, food, and drinks! The remainder of the night was spent catching up!

Saturday, bright and early, we had a tee time at the Elko golf course at 7:30 am. 14 of the family went. I was the only girl. It was 18 holes of pure fun! My foursome was with my dad and two uncles, Frank and Jamie. I think I am really improving every time I play. My game is coming along swimmingly. I was able to hang with the big boys!

Later that night we barbequed, watched the fireworks, and had a dance party (coordinated by yours truly), basically your typical Independence Day activities. My family is great. It was a lot of fun to spend the weekend with them!

2 comments:

  1. I am sad that we missed you at the falls. We were there Friday too!! Wasn't it gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the falls are pretty! next trip...boston MA to visit me!!! think about it lol

    ReplyDelete