Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dining Table

If a dining table could talk... can you imagine all the stories it would tell?


So much more than just sitting down to eat happens at our dining tables. Its a place to catch up on your company's day, break good news to another, and sometimes report sad news. Its a place of sharing and conversation, laughing and listening.

Some big moments in my life have happened at the dining table. My littlest brother, Sean was announced at the dining table. College brochures and pamphlets were spread across the dining table when I was decided where to attend. Many birthday cakes, thanksgiving turkeys, and Sunday Roasts were shared with my family.

At home, my family plays a game every night at the dinner table, "High-low". The way High-Low works is someone starts by saying what the high of their day was and what the low was and then passes it on to someone else at the table till everyone has shared. Sounds cheesy, but its fun and a good way to share your day.


The next time you sit down to share a meal with your family or your friends, be thankful for that four-legged piece of furniture that brings you together.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the idea of high-low---starting that in my own family. :)

    ReplyDelete