Monday, September 21, 2009

Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest - a sixteen-day festival held each year in Munich, Germany during late September and running to early October.

I wish I was reporting that since my last post I traveled to Germany, drank brew from a stein, and ate brat wurst with the locals. This isn't quite the case. I did however attend Fremont's Oktoberfest.


There was a beer garden with 70 Microbrews for tasting (*Don't worry, I didn't try them all). There was also live music, plenty of crazy outfits, lots of people, and an impromptu game of "Red Rover" initiated by my friends and I. 

Highlights of my time at Oktoberfest include, my delicious creepy (my pronunciation of crepe), tall Australian in a sobreo, getting away with not paying for a few of my adult beverages, eating a pretzel to help a man win a competition, still knowing every word to Coolio's "Gangster's Paradise", and meeting new friends in a long line for the port-o-potty.


Despite the rain (I'm still getting used to it here), its was a wonderful festival and I plan to attend next year, perhaps even dressed as a beer maiden.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having such a good time in Seattle. I was going to hit up Oktoberfest (in Munich) this year but I decided to wait until Will gets back so we can go together. While I'm sure we won't get the whole experience, being sober and all, it's still an awesome opportunity to say you've actually gone. I'm glad life's going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha---Fremont, what a funny place! I think you should dress up next year. It would be a scream!

    ReplyDelete