Monday, February 1, 2010

Avatar

Fore warning: This post is a little nerdy.

This weekend I finally went and saw Avatar!!! I had been wanting to see this flick since Christmas time. However, I am glad I held out from watching it in Idaho Falls' cinema, because I got to see it in Seattle Center's iMax theater.


Tickets were purchased almost a week and half before show date, and even at that the shows were sold out till the 10:45 showing. Needless to say the show has been selling out everyday it is being played. We got in line an hour before the show, but there were still at least 30 people in front of us. I overheard the girl in the very front of the line actually bragging about being the first one into the theater, cough*nerd*cough.


The glasses the gave us in the iMax theater kind of reminded me of some sweet 1980's sunglasses. I wish I could have rocked them outside of the theater, perhaps with a matching neon pink fanny pack.


The show was three point something hours long, but I loved every minute of it. The 3D affects were amazing and totally out of this world. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone. It was definetly unlike anything I have ever seen before.

1 comment: