Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Bachelor - Week 6

The Bachelor – Week 6

Hometown dates. I am going to try my hardest not to make fun of the families, for two reasons, they weren’t really the one’s who signed up with intentions of being on TV, therefore should be scrutinized less, and also no one has a story book family, no one.

Ok, starting us of on the hometown dates was Gia in beautiful New York, New York. I liked there date. I think that she is very fun and playful with him, taking pictures and such. Her mom seemed a little crazy. I don’t love that she was full heartedly encouraging her that Jake loved her and there would be a wedding. First off, you just met the guy, and you KNOW that he is dating 3 other women. I personally wouldn’t be that optimistic (and that goes to almost all the mothers on this episode). There didn’t seem to be that great of chemistry between her family and his, but then again I think that just goes back to Jake being awkward. I loved the kissing on the stoop at the end of the episode, so sex in the city.

Next on the chopping block was Ali. Ali looked super cute for their date. I think it was special that she took him to her grandmother’s house, however, that might not be the thing I would do with a “new” boyfriend. It meant a lot to her so don’t you think you would save that for someone you knew would be around. I guess if it was me, I would keep my hometown date light and fun, because meeting my family would be intense enough (sidenote – not even sure what I would do for fun with Jake in Blackfoot, ID, go to WalMart maybe?). Ali’s mom seemed a little monotone and boring to me, and same thing with Gia’s family, already planning their wedding.

Following Ali’s hometown was Tenly. I thought this hometown date was the most awkward. I get dance, as I used to be a dancer, but that was kind of awkward, maybe because of the cameras. You could tell she was nervous too. Also, Jake was totally feed the line, “she preformed a lyrical number…” No guy knows that that was a ‘lyrical’. No (straight) guy. I liked Tenly’s dad! He seemed like a really good guy that was smart and not too caught up in the ‘show’ aspect of it. I liked that he asked Jake if what they saw on TV from the Bachelorette was who he really is and not the way TV was making him see. Seems like a very valid question. I think that Tenly and Jake have the least physical attraction. And on a completely unrelated note, my family used to have that same dining table was Tenly’s family.

Finally, Vienna. The way she talked about her ‘daddy buying her new cars’ all the time, I was kind of expecting a much nicer looking home and living style. Her dad, a little crazy. For some reason I feel like he is the most physically attracted to Vienna. At least things weren’t super “mushy” with her family as they were with the others. (Sidenote – I am guessing Vienna tries to sleep with Jake on the overnight next week).

Then came the Ali drama. I do feel really bad for her. What a shitty (excuse my language) decision to have to make. And I think that you could tell it was sincerely hard for her to make that decision. I think that she made her decision to go home based on reality and facts. Jake did seem pretty torn up about it, but man did he shake it off by the time he got back upstairs. Almost disturbing how quickly he seems over it. I think Ali was regretting her decision as she drove away, but I think either way she would have had regrets. Have fun in the office on Monday, Ali.

All and all I would have to say that this was one of the more entertaining episodes in this dry season. Can’t wait to see who goes home next week. Prediction it is either Gia or Tenly. What did you all think?

1 comment:

  1. I think Ali will be back next week and RUIN Jake forever! I was so glad to see her gone! Thanks for your synopsis of the show, enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete